For an easy one-pan dinner, try this creamy chicken, mushroom and risoni bake.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken and risoni tray bake
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 (about 1.2kg) chicken drumsticks
- 1 leek, trimmed, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms
- 6 large sage leaves, torn
- 305g (1 1/2 cups) dried risoni
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 300ml ctn pouring cream
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Shredded lemon zest, to serve (optional)
- Fried sage leaves, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken and risoni tray bake
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Place a large baking dish in the oven for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Drizzle 3 tsp oil over the base of the dish. Add the chicken, leek, mushrooms and sage. Season. Drizzle over remaining 3 tsp oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden.
- Use tongs to turn the drumsticks. Sprinkle the risoni between the drumsticks. Pour over the stock and cream. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through and the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Transfer the drumsticks to a plate and cover with foil. Add the peas to the risoni and stir well to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes or until peas are warmed through. Return the chicken to the dish. Sprinkle with parmesan, lemon zest and fried sage leaves, if you like.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken and risoni tray bakefatContent: 962.931 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 24.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64.3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7.4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 247 milligrams cholesterol