Make your favourite Japanese takeaway at home with this fragrant noodle and pork soup.
The ingredient of Japanese ramen soup with pork
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g Coles Australian Pork Sirloin Steak
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely grated
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons mirin seasoning
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 180g ramen noodles
- 2 hard-boiled Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs, halved
The instruction how to make Japanese ramen soup with pork
- Combine the sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce and half the garlic in a ceramic dish. Add the pork and toss to coat. Set aside for 5 mins to marinate.
- Heat the peanut oil in a large heavy-based pan over medium-low heat. Add the ginger, chilli, Chinese five spice and remaining garlic. Cook for 1-2 mins or until fragrant. Add the stock, 2 cups (500ml) water, mirin and remaining soy sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 mins. Add the mushroom and snow peas. Cook for 5 mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue plate or chargrill on medium. Cook the pork for 2-3 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Slice.
- While the pork is resting, cook the ramen noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 mins. Drain.
- Divide the noodles among serving bowls. Top with the broth mixture, egg and pork.
Nutritions of Japanese ramen soup with porkfatContent: