Create a meal to remember with this flavour-packed beef brisket served with couscous, pomegranate, pistachios and couscous.
The ingredient of Moroccan beef brisket tagine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.8kg beef brisket
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio kernels
- Steamed couscous, to serve
- Plain Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Moroccan beef brisket tagine
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook beef for 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until starting to brown. Add ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, mixed spice, cardamom and cinnamon. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add stock and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Return beef to pan. Cover. Transfer to oven. Cook for 4 hours, turning beef halfway through. Add apricots around beef. Cook for a further 20 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Drizzle beef with honey. Top with pomegranate and pistachio. Serve with couscous and yoghurt.
Nutritions of Moroccan beef brisket taginefatContent: